Endometriosis is a disease where tissue similar to the lining of the uterus grows outside the uterus, causing pain and/or infertility
- Endometriosis affects 1 in 10 women of reproductive age.
- It is estimated 190 million women of reproductive age globally have the condition.
- It is a chronic disease associated with severe, life-impacting pain during periods, sexual intercourse, bowel movements and/or urination, chronic pelvic pain, abdominal bloating, nausea, fatigue, and sometimes depression, anxiety, and infertility.
- At present, there is no known cure for endometriosis, and treatment is usually aimed at controlling symptoms,
- It can take up to several years before suffers receive an official diagnosis. The variable and broad symptoms of endometriosis mean that healthcare workers do not easily diagnose it and many individuals suffering from it have limited awareness of the condition. This can cause a lengthy delay between onset of symptoms and diagnosis,
There is a desperate need for more research and increase in awareness to ensure effective prevention, early diagnosis, and improved management of the disease!!!
We’re calling on Governments around the globe
to increase funding
WE HAVE TO FIND A CURE!.